How to Get Started!
To help you get started with Red Umbrella Management you will find a brief overview below. This information is expanded upon in our “Getting Your Home Ready” guide.
- Property Management form
- $500 check payable to “Red Umbrella Management” to fund the reserve
- Soldsense Leasing Agreement (if we need to find a new tenant)
- Affiliate Business Disclosure form
- Federal W-9 form
- Virginia R-5 form (for non-Virginia residents)
- Direct Deposit Information (voided check from you)
- Please keep utilities on until the lease commences (water, electric, gas.) Keep the account in your name but call up the utility companies and have them add “c/o Red Umbrella Management” to the name and change the mailing address to “Po Box 2242, Merrifield VA 22116.” You should do this for all the utility companies (gas, electric, water.)
- Discontinue phone, cable, internet service, trash when you leave.
- Contact your insurance company and change your insurance to a fire and liability type policy. Make sure you discuss the various policy options and requirements (vacancy, deductibles, coverage etc.)
- Add on “Red Umbrella Management” as an additional insured and give them our address “Po Box 2242, Merrifield VA 22116.”
- Make sure we have copies of all regulations for the community. We will need a copy of the rules and regulations for the community and rules and regulations in regards to pools, parking, pets, trash pickup and use of common elements (if any.)
- We will also need the contact information for the association.
- Forward all payment books needed if we are making payments.
- Let your neighbors and friends know our contact information in case they notice of hear of any issues with the property.
- Inform the association that we are managing the property and to forward all correspondence to Red Umbrella Management. They likely will need a copy of the management agreement.
- If you have service contracts that you wish to keep, please notify the firms that Red Umbrella Management will be managing the property and provide them with our address and contact information (lawn care, pest control, HVAC service contract etc.)
We have specific instructions on what to do about your mortgage, preparing the home itself and other useful information to make your process easier. To get started, please contact us today!